Birthday Party for children turning 8, 9, 10, 11 or 12:
This 2 hour 30 min session is great fun for the kids.
We start with 30 min climbing lesson for the kids along with safety lesson for the adults – we require you to supply one adult per two or three children to participate in safety belaying. After lesson, kids climb for one hour. At this time party room will be available for break. If you stay 30 min in party room kids will have another 30 minutes to climb.
Cost: $ 18 per child or $ 17 per child if you have 10 or more.See more info under general information below. Please note that we do not book any parties for children that are turning 7
Birthday Party for children turning 13 and older:
We start with 45 min lesson for beginners. After lesson kids climb for 45 min. At this time party room will be available for break. If you stay 30 min in party room kids will have another 30 minutes to climb at the end.
Cost: $ 18 per child or $ 17 per child if you have 10 or more. Please note that we will teach children how to belay when they are 12 yrs old or older but if some do not show a sufficient amount of concentration and safety we will require you to participate and belay for those kids.
Typical time outline:
An example of birthday party booked for 1:30 p.m.
1:30 p.m. – You arrive at Peaks, the lesson starts
2:00 p.m. – The lesson is completed – kids climb, adults or kids 12 yrs old or older safety belay
3:00 p.m. – Party room available for break. Once finished, kids go back to climb some more.
4:00 p.m. – End of the Birthday Party
- A minimum six children is required for birthday party booking. HST included.
- We do not book parties for kids turning 7, however one or two kids under 7, perhaps brother or sister, can be part of a birthday party booked for older kids.
- Birthday groups can be accommodated any time within our normal business hours, however we will be happy to open any time for birthday parties of 15 or more children.
- We usually book at these times: Fri 6 pm or 7:30 pm, Sat 12 noon or 1:30 pm or 3 pm or 4:30 (4:30 pm Nov 1 to April 1 only) Sunday 12 noon or 1:30 pm or 3 pm. We can accommodate you at other times if we do not have a conflict in our schedule – please ask.
- Please arrive no more then 5 min before your booking time.
- The fee for the birthday party does not include any snacks or drinks, but you are more then welcome to bring your own. We do have fridge/freezer.
- Parents are required to fill out an insurance waiver form. See link to a downloadable copy on left side. We need one for each child prior to participating.
- The appropriate clothing for climbing would be T-shirts, shorts or track pants (winter) and running shoes. Kids must bring their own bike helmets. Some rental helmets are available.
- Note the main climbing area will most likely be shared with another birthday party and/or our members.
- Note that you will not have access to party room upon arrival – the party room will be available to you no later then 1.5 hr after your arrival. We recommend to bring couple of “dollar store” table cloths for the Party Room tables.
- If you have any further questions; please call. We look forward to seeing you at Peaks.